Last Updated: November 12, 2020
Information Collected by Inventus Power
Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us
If you are a visitor to the Website, we may collect information that you provide to us, such as name, company name, title, email address and phone number when you communicate with any of our departments such as sales, customer service, supply chain, human resources, marketing or technical support. We may also collect the information you provide when filling out the forms on our Website, such as when you submit a contact form, quote request form, subscribe to our blog, or register to download content.
Information That We Automatically Collect Through the Website
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns including traffic data and information about your computer and internet connection such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Cookies. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Website. A cookie is a small text file that our web server places on your computer hard drive that includes a unique identifier. You can set your web browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. If you set your browser to limit or remove cookies, some features of Website may be unavailable or unable to function properly.
Certain mechanisms may allow you to send web browser signals, known as “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals, indicating your choice to disable tracking on the Website. We do not respond to browser do not track signals at this time. We may not be aware of or able to honor and respond to every such mechanism. More information about “do not track” is available at www.allaboutdnt.org concerning such information.
Social Media Services
We may provide social media features through the Website that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Inventus Power on social media sites that we do not control. If you post any comments, reviews, photos or other information on any Inventus Power social media pages, we may display those comments, reviews, photos or information on the Website. In addition, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these social media sites, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
Links to Other Websites
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To present our Website and the contents to you and to help us better understand how the Website is being used and to improve your experience with the Website, both in terms of content and ease of use.
- To contact and communicate with you and to respond to your communications and requests. If you provide your email address to us, we may email you about products, services, news or events that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us, which will allow you to opt-out of receiving further communications from us, or you can send a request to not receive such communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Your Information with Third-Parties
We will not rent, sell, share or otherwise disclose your information to third-parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
Third-Party Processors and Third-Party Service Providers. We may disclose your information to our employees, contractors, affiliates, distributors, dealers, vendors and suppliers (“Service Providers”) who need access to your information in order to provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Website, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
Where necessary to the administration of our general business, accounting, record keeping, and legal functions, we may share your information with our tax advisors, legal counsel and other professional services entities or agents involved in our general business operations.
Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the Website by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
In the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other sale or transfer of all or a portion of our assets, any user information owned or controlled by us may be one of the assets transferred to third parties. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to transfer or assign your information and other information we have collected from users of the Website to third parties without prior notice to you.
Special Notice to California Residents
This section is our Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) and applies to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you/your”) and use our Website. This Notice is provided to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”); any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Personal Information we Collect
As outlined above, our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”).
In particular, we collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.
|Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric information.
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data.
|Physical location or movements.
|H. Sensory data.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
|I. Professional or employmentrelated information.
|Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
|Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Our Website obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products or services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products and services, including to deliver product and service offerings relevant to your interests.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases, and other technology assets and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is amount the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incomparable purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. As outlined above, we may disclose your personal information to a third-party service provider (such as an IT provider or payment processor) for a business purpose, subject to appropriate confidentiality provisions including prohibiting the third-party from using the disclosed information for any purpose except to perform the services for Inventus Power. We may also disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law as follows:
- For law enforcement purposes.
- As necessary for safety reasons.
- Related to any sale or acquisition of our assets.
- To comply with legal obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the past twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to service providers for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category B: Personal Information
- Category F: Internet or other similar network history
Sales of Personal Information
In the past twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete your personal information from our records (and direct our service providers to do the same), unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Support compliance with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
If you wish to exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Inventus Power Attn: Corporate Controller 1200 Internationale Parkway, Woodridge, IL 60517; (630) 410-7900; 1-877-423-4242; email@example.com.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact us at the contact information provided below.
We endeavor to substantially respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not sell your personal information, and do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If that changes, an opt-in notice will be provided to relevant individuals, and this Notice will be amended to describe your rights under California’s Shine the Light law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83).
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We do not currently offer financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that could result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. If that changes, an opt-in notice will be provided to relevant individuals.
Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Inventus Power cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website and you do so at your own risk. However, we take all measures reasonably necessary to protect your information that we collect and process against any unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction.
Transfer and Use of Information Outside Your Country of Residence
The European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) with the certain rights. If you are located in the EEA, you are entitled to the following rights with regard to your information:
- Right of access to your information, to know what information about you we hold
- Right to correct any incorrect or incomplete information about yourself that we hold
- Right to restrict/suspend our processing of your information
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe your privacy rights are being violated
Additional rights that may apply to you in certain instances:
- Right of data portability (if our processing is based on consent and automated means)
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent)
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests)
- Right to object to processing of information for direct marketing purposes
- Right of erasure of your information from our system (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met
To exercise the above rights, please contact us at the information provided below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 please contact us at the contact information provided below.
Attn: Corporate Controller
1200 Internationale Parkway
Woodridge, IL USA 60517